Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hooray!


Everything is happening... quickly! We just received our acceptance letter from Beike. NOW, we are trying to get all the paper work together and figure out the logistics of this adventure.
The NTAF sent us our packet in the mail, so now all we have to do is fill out the financial information and the estimated cost of the trip and make the initial donation and everything will begin! The woman I spoke with thinks she can have the site up and running by the end of the day tomorrow or by Monday at the very least!
There are a few things I have to do as far as getting some medical records together. They are going to need copies of MRIs and such in order to better assess Aiden's brain and optic nerves. We are really getting excited, but I am certainly a planned so there is some stress involved with this whole process. I need to figure out exactly what we will need to bring for the trip and figure out if we need a passport, visa, both, etc. and really start getting that stuff together.
Aiden is happy as ever - it seems like he doesn't have the slightest clue that all of this is happening around him! He is just jumping, singing and playing all day - which I am VERY grateful for because it gives me a constant reminder of why we are doing all of this. I try not to get stressed and remember that there is a plan already laid out for us, we just have to follow it!
Hopefully, by next week we will really be able to start RAISING funds. The best way we can do this is to raise awareness in our community and continue to spread the word about his upcoming website. I have a feeling I am going to have to be one the news, which I'm not particularly thrilled about, but I will endure for the sake of the cause. I'm already a nervous wreck, I can only imagine how over the top that will put me! You guys better not laugh.
Anyway, we have two therapies today and are working on trying to re-regulate our routine due to the recent chaos around here. Just wanted to share the good news! Please continue praying for guidance on this issue! We really appreciate all that you guys are doing and have done for us. We cannot wait to officially get started!
"And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."
Deuteronomy 6:6-9

1 comment:

  1. So is the website for the fundraising up and running? Let me know where to find it when/if it is!

    ReplyDelete